Monday, May 13, 2013

Renew That Cancellation

Last week was the time of the year when television channels, big and small, decide what they are bringing back for next season and what is getting the boot. Today I'm going over a few of the big networks, to give my opinion on their decisions this past week. Let's get started! 

CW: I truly do miss the "WB" and "UPN" being two separate channels, but I shouldn't dwell on the past. One of the shows they decided to keep this year was "Arrow". This does not come as a surprise. We are living in an era where superheroes are the it thing. Nothing else is really notable for the "CW", unless you like vampires, assassins, or fairy tales. In that case you will be please with the "CW" fall line up. 

FOX: I honestly haven't watched fox for sometime now, except for a rerun of "The Simpsons" every now and again. All of their renewals are for shows that they just won't let die. The most interesting news to come from them this week has to do with both a cancellation and a renewal that have some relation. They canceled the "Kiefer Southerland" drama, push. Only to bring back "24" out of the dead for another season. I don't think it's fair to toy with the man. Taking away something new to force him to do something old.

NBC: I was going to give "NBC" a well deserved pat on the back. They decided to keep character based shows "Parenthood" and "Parks and recreation". They also decided to can crap like "Whitney" and "Smash". Things were looking up until I logged onto the internet last night. They are retiring "Jay Leno", again. Only to give "Jimmy Fallon" the "Tonight Show" and letting "Seth Meyers" take over the late night spot. This didn't work four years ago. Why would it work now? 

CBS: They decided on keeping a bunch stuff I don't watch and cancel a few things I don't watch or care about. That's actually not true. They did cancel the last two remaining "CSI" shows. I have to give them some props for finally letting them die. That doesn't make up for all of their horrible sitcoms though. 

ABC: I didn't have much to say about "ABC". They made some good moves. They got rid of some junk and kept some shows that people actually like. I don't tune in to this channel much, so I don't really care about either. But then, they pulled me in. The first footage for "Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D." was released this past week and I know for a fact that I will be watching this every week.

TNT: On Friday, I found out that "TNT" canceled "Southland". I could get worked up about it and go on a rampage like every other fan of the show is doing online, but I won't. It was a great show, one of my favorites in fact. I hope it gets picked up by another network. If not, then I still have five fantastic seasons to watch over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment