Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tube Talk Recommends: Terminator Sarah Conor Chronicles

I recently realized that most of these recommendations that I do on Wednesdays have been cartoons made within the last decade. I don't regret recommending these, but I think I should put the cartoons on hold for a bit and get into more live action fair. Today I'm going to talk about "Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles". A show on the long list of shows that got canceled while they were still in their prime. 

  
To be honest, I actually wasn't a fan of the show when it first started. When the commercials for it began to air, I had some interest in it. Yet when the time came to watch it, I didn't. The first episode that crossed my path was actually the season one finale. From then on I watched reruns starting from episode one that summer. It had exceeded my expectations just as much as the remake of "Knight Rider" had let them down that same year. I couldn't wait for season 2 to premiere. Little did I know it would be the shows last. 

"Sarah Connor Chronicles" in between the second and third films in the series, which is where the quality was as well. It wasn't as mind blowingly amazing as the second film, but not even close to as poor as the third. It did what it wanted to do very well, yet still couldn't touch the status of "Terminator 2". Believe me, that is a lot harder than it sounds. 

The show got you a lot closer to the characters than you were able to in the films. "John" and "Sarah Connor" had a whole new dimension added to them. They shared the screen a lot more than in the films and they felt more like a mother and son. Not to mention that the terminators were great in this show. "Summer Glau" is my favorite terminator of all time and "Garret Dillahunt" is easily my second favorite.

I could go on and on about my love for this show, but I will spare you a ten page blog post. I can not recall a single thing that I don't like about this show. It was well written, well acted, plotted out with a stroke of genius. I don't know why you're still here reading this. "Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles" is now available on "Netflix" instant. Go watch, now!          

No comments:

Post a Comment