Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Killing, Or Not The Killing

Last year I quickly became fascinated with the tv show "The Killing". I had streamed the entire first season in the matter of a week and watched the entire second season every Sunday night. I was very happy with the show and couldn't have wished for a better crime show to get into. That was, until the final episode of season two. I was simply shocked by what I witnessed that night. Sadly, it was not in the good way. 

It baffles me that they could screw up a last episode that badly. I watched for 26 episodes, only to be slapped in the face at the last minute. I waited for two season for the identity of "Rosie Larson's" killer. Only to be disappointed with the answer. The one I got wasn't the one I wanted. it felt like something that belonged at the end of an episode of "Law & Order". Not the end of a story that took two years to tell. 

At the time and point this episode aired, I had no idea that there was going to be another season. This seemed to be the end of the road. Talk of the show being canceled made that seem possible. At one point I heard that "Netflix" had picked the show up. This intrigued me because they have become the "HBO" of streaming services with their edgey programming style. That did not last for long. While watching the season three finale of "The Walking Dead" I saw a commercial for the third season of "The Killing"

I have seen a few more ads for it since then. They have given me some interest in the show again. It will be nice to rejoin the characters that I enjoyed to watch grow, but I don't want to get burned again. This is the crossroads that I'm at. I would love to watch the characters and actors that I love again, but at the same time I don't want to be disappointed with a simple answer to a complicated question. This might the risk that I'm willing to take. You'll find out if it was worth it, when I give my review of the season premiere at the beginning of next month.          

No comments:

Post a Comment